A couple of weeks ago I went to Huntsville, AL for a field trip with the challenge students from Mary-Grace's school. We went to the Early Works Museum for their take on the life styles of the past presidents, which seemed very appropriate since they just finished learning all about the election, delegates and electoral college....stuff! I hate to admit but I am not the history buff, MG knows more than I do, but I did learn a thing or two... now whether I can remember it in a week is another thing! The kids rode a charter bus and all the parents followed behind...it looked like a funeral procession (sorry to be so descriptive) it happened to be extremely foggy that morning and all 30 cars had their lights on while following closely behind the bus not letting a single person break the line! On a lighter note, the children were asked a multitude of questions in each area of the museum (something like Jeopardy) and did extremely well! All the parents were standing behind looking at each other in amazement! The different areas of the museum were about each president, his lifestyle, and what he was famous for. It was a wonderful trip and I can't wait to see what the museum comes up with next.
Shae


No comments:
Post a Comment